Wednesday, December 8, 2010

14:1 Socially Interactive

Where and When did I find this word?
While reading Handbook of Reading Research Volume III, chapter 24 I found the words Socially interactive.

What does this word mean?
In the book the sentence involving socially interactive is, "...described engaged readers as motivated to read for a variety of personal goals ,...and socially interactive with literacy. In my own definition, socially interactive means the students are working with hands on materials, working with others, and not just reading plain text.

Level of familiarity:
As a teacher I am familiar with the term socially interactive. I try to make my lessons and activaities as social and engaging as possible.

Do I want to know this word well?
Yes, this word is important to know as a teacher. Teachers need to engage their students and make the work as interesting as possible. Working socially with others helps students to become more interested in the topics they are learning.

Do I think others should know this word well, why?
If someone is a teacher I think this term is important to know. A good teacher is someone who can engage their students in the topics they are teaching, socially interactive learning can help do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment