Monday, September 27, 2010

4:2 Audacity

When and Where I found it... This word is the title of President Obama's book that my boyfriend has been reading for ages, (he never finishes anything)!

What it means... Audacity means boldness or daring, confident.

Level of familiarity... I have heard the word used before but have never used it myself. I was also unsure of an exact definition.

Do I want to know this word and why? yes, i think this is a good word to know and be able to use.

Do I think others should know this word well...if so WHO and WHY? Yes, others should know this word good one to add to the vocabulary list. Also I think that it is a very sophisticated word!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite negative words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is an awesome word. It makes me think of Obama's book that was published prior to his election: "The Audacity of Hope." I own a copy of it and have yet to actually read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thats where I got the word from was Obama's book!! I also thought it was a great word :)

    ReplyDelete