Sunday, September 19, 2010

3:3 Tomfoolery

When and Where did I find it? I found this word while watch the TV show The Big Bang Theory.

What it means: Tomfoolery means being silly, being crazy, acting out.

Level of familiarity: I had never heard this word until watching The Big Bang Theory and then the next day I heard the word again for the second time!

Do I want to know this word and why? Yes, it is a hilarious word and just saying it makes me laugh. It's better than saying "your acting silly".

Do I think others should know this word well...if so WHO and WHY? Yes, it is a very funny word and describes being silly using a silly sounding word.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, what an excellent choice! Tomfoolery is an excellent word to learn. As someone reading your blog, I would love to know a little bit more about where you heard the word the second time-- did a friend say it? was it on TV again?

    Also, I think the digital images you are also including on your blog are great. Keep up the excellent vocabulary self-selection!
    Dr. Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOTE TO STUDENTS:

    To make sure you have an accurate understanding of the word, be sure to view this linkL
    http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/tomfoolery.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I really like adding the image I feel like it helps portray what the word means. I will add more about where I found the word to help clarify! This is absolutely my new favorite word which I plan to use as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete